Nani, and my first cherita
I recently found out about Cherita‘s from Mary, at Cactus Haiku, last month. Since I like writing the occasional haiku, I thought I’d try writing a cherita. I had forgotten about trying to write one, when Mary asked me yesterday if I had written one yet. I told her when my image was finished I was going to give it a try. Well, here is my first attempt.
nani awoke in a new land
she was immediately
surrounded by invisibles
had a close encounter
with one while the others
About the digital mixed media artwork. It was created in Affinity Photo and lots of elements were used to get this look…
- Photo of a parrot tulip flower (broken down into 2 sections)
- Honeycomb Texture that I created in Affinity Designer
- Textured brushes that I don’t remember where I downloaded from as I’ve had them for almost 10 years!
- Foliage Swirls Brush (I think I got from Obsidian Dawn’s website way back when)
- Another Foliage Swirls Brush (same as 4)
- Text Brush (one of seven brushes) that I created in Affinity Photo
- Dandelion Brushes (used 3 of the 20 brushes I created from silhouette renders of one of my 3D characters)
- Nani, one of my latest 3D characters created in Daz Studio
- Another version of background layer blended over all layers
If you would like to read more cherita’s, check out thecherita.com. They have a “flip book” where you can read people’s submissions.